Dentists / dental surgeons. Dieticians. Doctors of traditional Chinese medicine. BUMS (Unani), BAMS (Ayurveda) and BHMS (Homeopathy)
The starting pay for a doctor who finds themselves borderless is $1,731 per month—though that salary is entirely tax deductible (source). This isn’t a job that’s going to pay for those hefty student loans, which is why so many join MSF after they’ve been earning a normal doctor’s salary for a few years.
We recruit doctors and other medical and non-medical staff. Examples include surgeons, anesthesiologists , registered nurses, midwives, mental health professionals, finance and human resources specialists, logisticians, and specialists in construction, electricity, mechanics, or water-and-sanitation.
However, I don’t feel that CEO of IMC could be that much more effective at her job than Nicolas De Torrente, CEO of Doctors without Borders, with his salary $118,900 (or 0.07% of charity’s expenses). “~ about International Medical Corps.
Local volunteers of all ages over 18, backgrounds, and interests enjoy contributing their time to the US office of MSF . You will then be placed in our volunteer pool. Once there, you will receive email notifications for volunteer opportunities, both short-term and long-term.
Volunteers in the various medical disciplines are highly encouraged to volunteer. This includes doctors , surgeons, nurses, physician assistants, medical/nursing students, EMTs, radiologists, physiotherapists, physical therapists, palliative care physicians and nurses, mental health professionals, etc.
In August 2016, an airstrike on Abs hospital killed 19 people, including one MSF staff member, and wounded 24.
MSF projects generally have a lifespan of between 18 months and three and a half years. However, there are instances in which we stay only weeks or maintain a presence, in some form, for decades.
A nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives is one of the best charities you can give to. Ranked highly by independent watchdogs such as Charity Navigator, Doctors Without Borders /Médecins Sans Frontières ( MSF ) provides lifesaving medical care where it’s needed most.
To maintain its operational independence and flexibility, MSF relies on the general public for nearly 89 percent of its operating funds . The remaining 11 percent of funds come from international agencies and governments. MSF has not received or solicited US government funding since 2002.
MSF is present in more than 60 countries worldwide in Asia, Africa, Europe and Latin America.
As a nurse working for Doctors Without Borders /Médecins Sans Frontières ( MSF ) you may be asked to take part in organizing a mass vaccination initiative for measles or in triaging an influx of displaced people fleeing conflict. Note that MSF also recruits Nurse -Midwives, Nurse Anesthetists and Neonatal nurses .
Jason Cone is the Executive Director for Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF ) in the United States. He was appointed executive director of the US section of MSF on June 1, 2015.
What percentage of my donation goes to program activities? 88 cents of every dollar supports our programs around the world. Doctors Without Borders strives to operate efficiently and to minimize fundraising and administrative costs.